busy busy!
Hello to anyone out there who is actually still reading this :)
I have been back in Australia for 8 weeks now and I have been so busy it's not funny!!
I was away for two and a half weeks after being home for 17 days!! I went to Queensland to visit Emma for a little while before I went to the Sunshine Coast to be in my friend Vanessa's wedding. She's been a great friend since Year 6 and I had the honour of being her bridesmaid! It was really cool hanging out with her and her family and her fiancee Matt in the week before the wedding. The wedding itself went really well. The sun was shining and it was just a beautiful day! There were no wardrobe disasters, all good! I just could have used a lil more hairspray to keep the curls in!! All in all it was a really great day! Very beautiful :) Vanessa and Matt are a great couple. :)
Mum, Dad and John came to the wedding as well and afterwards we drove to Toowoomba for the Lutheran Church of Australia Synod. I was a part of the Youth@Synod program, John was a delegate for his church and Dad was the Electoral Officer. It was an interesting week. Fun to be a part of Y@S. I met some cool girls! Our picture was published on the front cover of The Lutheran which is pretty cool!
After Synod we all flew to Darwin. Mum and Dad are living at Palmerston, which is about 25mins southish from Darwin. John and I met one of Emma's friends from Qld and we also caught up with Anthony Wheaton a couple times. It was cool to hang out with him and see where he's living now. :)
We went on a Day Tour to Litchfield National Park which included a Jumping Croc Boat Tour on the Adelaide River. I'd been on that tour before, but it was cool to see the crocodiles jumping nearly completely out of the water for meat. John took some awesome pictures - great timing to get the crocs just as they were out of the water!
The rest of the day included lunch at Florence Falls, which is an amazing place to visit, but unfortunately, going down to it for a swim wasn't on our agenda! We went to Wangi Falls, which was a lovely huge pool. Nice swimming! Then we went to the Buley Rockhole which was a series of about 8 pools all a lil lower and different from the last. It was very cool! Our last stop on the tour was the Magnetic Termite Mounds. They're pretty amazing. Clever lil buggers!
We went to the Mindil Beach Markets, which was cool. Dad had a wedding at the army base, so we went to that and we also went to the Darwin Museum. Most of the time tho, we just hung out at home and played Scrabble! That was great fun! I love games and the only one they had was Scrabble, so we played that! Loved it!! :D
The other thing we did which was special, was to drive out to Riyala campsite, which is where Giraffe is held. It's about 15mins from Palmerston and it is just a beautiful place! It was so good to go back and just see it again. :) While at Giraffe in 2002, we went to Berri Springs quite often. It's a beautiful place to go swimming and it was really nice to go there with Mum and Dad. Good fun. :)
We got back on the 14th October and then I started my job at the child care centre on the 16th. It's been full-on there, but I'm enjoying working there again. The babies are pretty cute most of the time ;) It's been tiring and a lil hectic with two of our normal qualified staff away, but it will settle down soon.
Played my first games of tennis yesterday, and surprise, surprise, I won my singles match! I was pretty happy with that! :D
John and I went to two 21sts last night which made for a pretty late night!! But it was good fun! :)
Alrighty, that's enough for now, hope everyone is going well, drop me a line sometime I'd love to hear from you.
Love Vivien
Fuer die deutsche, Tut mir Leid dass es auf englisch ist, aber hoffentlich versteht ihr ein bisschen! Geht's mir gut, bin total beschaeftigt!! Bin deshalb sehr oft muede!! Naja.... Mach's gut! LG, Vivien :)
I have been back in Australia for 8 weeks now and I have been so busy it's not funny!!
I was away for two and a half weeks after being home for 17 days!! I went to Queensland to visit Emma for a little while before I went to the Sunshine Coast to be in my friend Vanessa's wedding. She's been a great friend since Year 6 and I had the honour of being her bridesmaid! It was really cool hanging out with her and her family and her fiancee Matt in the week before the wedding. The wedding itself went really well. The sun was shining and it was just a beautiful day! There were no wardrobe disasters, all good! I just could have used a lil more hairspray to keep the curls in!! All in all it was a really great day! Very beautiful :) Vanessa and Matt are a great couple. :)Mum, Dad and John came to the wedding as well and afterwards we drove to Toowoomba for the Lutheran Church of Australia Synod. I was a part of the Youth@Synod program, John was a delegate for his church and Dad was the Electoral Officer. It was an interesting week. Fun to be a part of Y@S. I met some cool girls! Our picture was published on the front cover of The Lutheran which is pretty cool!
After Synod we all flew to Darwin. Mum and Dad are living at Palmerston, which is about 25mins southish from Darwin. John and I met one of Emma's friends from Qld and we also caught up with Anthony Wheaton a couple times. It was cool to hang out with him and see where he's living now. :)
We went on a Day Tour to Litchfield National Park which included a Jumping Croc Boat Tour on the Adelaide River. I'd been on that tour before, but it was cool to see the crocodiles jumping nearly completely out of the water for meat. John took some awesome pictures - great timing to get the crocs just as they were out of the water!
The rest of the day included lunch at Florence Falls, which is an amazing place to visit, but unfortunately, going down to it for a swim wasn't on our agenda! We went to Wangi Falls, which was a lovely huge pool. Nice swimming! Then we went to the Buley Rockhole which was a series of about 8 pools all a lil lower and different from the last. It was very cool! Our last stop on the tour was the Magnetic Termite Mounds. They're pretty amazing. Clever lil buggers!
We went to the Mindil Beach Markets, which was cool. Dad had a wedding at the army base, so we went to that and we also went to the Darwin Museum. Most of the time tho, we just hung out at home and played Scrabble! That was great fun! I love games and the only one they had was Scrabble, so we played that! Loved it!! :D
The other thing we did which was special, was to drive out to Riyala campsite, which is where Giraffe is held. It's about 15mins from Palmerston and it is just a beautiful place! It was so good to go back and just see it again. :) While at Giraffe in 2002, we went to Berri Springs quite often. It's a beautiful place to go swimming and it was really nice to go there with Mum and Dad. Good fun. :)
We got back on the 14th October and then I started my job at the child care centre on the 16th. It's been full-on there, but I'm enjoying working there again. The babies are pretty cute most of the time ;) It's been tiring and a lil hectic with two of our normal qualified staff away, but it will settle down soon.
Played my first games of tennis yesterday, and surprise, surprise, I won my singles match! I was pretty happy with that! :D
John and I went to two 21sts last night which made for a pretty late night!! But it was good fun! :)
Alrighty, that's enough for now, hope everyone is going well, drop me a line sometime I'd love to hear from you.
Love Vivien
Fuer die deutsche, Tut mir Leid dass es auf englisch ist, aber hoffentlich versteht ihr ein bisschen! Geht's mir gut, bin total beschaeftigt!! Bin deshalb sehr oft muede!! Naja.... Mach's gut! LG, Vivien :)
2 Comments:
HAHA...VIVIEN IST WIEDER MAL MÜDE...WAS FÜR EINE ÜBERRASCHUNG!...;)
LIEBE GRÜSSE,
ALEX
Frohes neues Jahr Vivien!
Post a Comment
<< Home