Thursday, July 27, 2006

maite & hamburg

Ok, so I went to Hamburg on the weekend. :) It was a really short trip, and I didn't really see much of Hamburg itself, but that's ok, cos I went there to see Maite! She was an exchange student at Faith (my highschool) when I was in Year 11. She was in my caregroup and she was a part of our circle of friends. It was a really good six months! :)

Anyways, there was no way I was gonna miss out on seeing her while I was living in Germany for a year! So, when we finally worked out a weekend that suited us both, I took the chance! Short as it was, it was really really really good! Maite is studying law, and is doing a huge exam in September, so she studies all the time, like really, ALL the time!! I'm amazed at her dedication! But, she refrained from doing any study for one whole day! :D

Maite met me at the airport on Saturday evening and we went into Hamburg. We had something to eat at a cool café and then had a bit of a look around. From the tiny bit that I saw, Hamburg looked very pretty. :)

On Sunday we drove to "Fehmarn Insel". It's an island at the north of Germany and is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours drive from Hamburg. We spent the day on the beach (I got burnt.....silly really...) which was really lovely! We went swimming a few times and played with the jellyfish - they are cool!! I've never seen a real one befor so that was exciting! And there were lots to see! Different sizes too! Very slimy....amazing creatures!

We'd borrowed some bikes from people Maite knew, so we also rode around a little bit, saw the lighthouse and a caravan park that was CHOCCAS! So many people, and they were all decked out, was quite interesting to see. Looked like they actually lived there. Also made me really really wanna go camping!!! It was such a beautiful relaxed day. :) After not having seen each other since Jan 2000, it was so good to see her! We caught up on a lot of stuff and talked about all sorts of things! Was very good for my German! ;)

I flew back on Monday morning, so yeah, it was a very quick trip, but it was more than worth it!

Maite was as friendly as before and I feel blessed to have the privilege of calling her my friend :)

Okies...that's about all! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home