Wednesday, June 28, 2006

tennis & soccer!

Hallo zusammen!

So, I have been doing quite a bit lately!

Two Saturdays ago, the club I play tennis with held a singles tournament - just for people within the club. There are only 4 ladies, so we all played each other that day. I won the first two matches, and then the third, (which was the final!!!), lasted for an hour and a half and I won that too!! 7-6, 6-7 and then 11-9 in the tiebreak!! I was pretty proud of myself! :) I also hit my leg with my racquet after a shot and this is how it turned out!! Has only just started to fade a lil!!!)

That night, Dan Schmidt and his friend Anthony came. We all went to München on the Sunday to watch the Brazil vs. Aust soccer match. It was pretty cool! We went to the FanFest, which was in the Olympia Stadium, where they had a huge screen. There were so many people in yellow t-shirts!!!! Of course, a lot of those were Brazil fans ;) It was exciting just to be there amongst all the Aussies! As embarassing as some of them were...... Oh, we could have gotten tickets to the game if we wanted to pay €3oo a piece!! As had a couple of Aussies we met!! CRAZY!!

Anyway, those guys stayed here all last week. They went to Stuttgart one day, then back to München where they went to a game. The also came home with another friend! Not just two, but three boys sleeping on my bedroom floor! Hehee!

We all had tickets to the Aust vs Croatia match on Thursday night. The boys left at midday and I went later in the afternoon. Before the game, I met up with Andrew Doecke, (who is going out with Kim Fewster if you didn't know), who was over for the World Cup. It was really good to see him, haven't seen him for years!

So, the game! It was so AWESOME to be there!!! The atmosphere was amazing! It turned out that Dan, Anthony and Luke had seats that were in the row just behind me and a couple along!! What are the odds of that?? There was one guy next to them, and Luke asked him if he would mind swapping with me, and he didn't! So we did!

It was a lot of fun, and I have to admit I got a lil nervous when Croatia scored their goals! And, I cheered along with the rest of the Aussies, booed when they did and chanted whatever they chanted! Hehee, it was quite a new and unique experience for me! The only thing that dampened the whole night, was that after the game, my ticket and a t-shirt which were in a bag, got stolen!! BIG grr!! (Anybody know where I can get a green Relient K t-shirt with a penguin on it??)

We all went into Stuttgart afterwards - LOTS of people!! A couple of Aussies who were sitting near us at the game came too. Brett and Jade, they were cool. Jade and I went to McDonald's for food and it was packed with Aussies! There was also a fight between an Aussie and a Brazilian...idiots. Anyways......

I caught the train home from Stuttgart at 4:38 and got home just after 7am! Boy was I tired! But, I didn't fall asleep with Johanna this time - phew! Was very glad about that!

All in all it was a once in a lifetime experience that I'll never forget!

Hope you're all doing well - not long til I get home now!
:) Lots of love, Vivien

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Eckert said...

Glad it was a great experience Viv!!
Wish I was there!

Cheers,
a very jealous Tim.

Wed June 28, 11:41:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home