kirby!
Hey everyone! Yep, this post will be ALL about Kirby :P Nah, not quite :) Even though I could write a lot about her!! I'll fill you all in before Kirby came....which isn't that much!
On the first weekend in May, I played tennis in Dettingen. It was the Doubles Tournament for the club. Seeing as there are only four women who played, our first and only game was the final!! Hehee! Sonya and I played against Sandra and Gabbi. We lost 6-0, 7-5...oh welll! It was great fun!!
Also went to Gegenwind that night, which was really good :) It was a Prayer Night, which is different every time. This time though, we went in small groups around Heidenheim and prayed for places. It took a lil while, but it was really good. I prayed in English cos it's too hard in German sometimes! ;)
On the Sunday after church, I went to Stephi's dental practice, because it was "Tag der Offene Tür" Basically open day. The businesses in the area were open, there was music, food, games etc. and the locals could come and have a look around! I filled out a card and let it fly away with a balloon - hopefully I can win the prize - free teeth bleaching and cleaning! ;)
Kirby came on the Tuesday! She caught the train to HDH, and I met her at the train station (after she called saying I'm here already!). It was so good having her here! We played cards and mucked around and generally just had fun being in each other's company again! I taught Johanna to say her name, and she says "Fhurby"....I tried! She hasn't quite got the hang of the "k" or "c" sound! But it's so cute, cos she still says Kirby's name, and I have to say "No Johanna, Kirby's not here anymore." She actually also still says John's name, which sounds like "Tchon" (tch as in match) and I say, "Johanna, John's not here" and then she says "Hause?" Which pretty much means home, and I say, yes, he's at home. Hehee! SO CUTE!
Anyways, Kirby and I didn't really go anywhere or do anything in particular while she was here. We just simply hung out and had fun getting up to our usual antics :D We also played Ligretto - A LOT! Kirby liked it so much, that when we went into HDH, she bought a set! :) It's a card game all about speed, and with 2 people it's not the best, but it's still fun. With more people it's very exciting and fast-moving, I love it!
So yeah, we did go into HDH, did a bit of looking around, had an icecream, mmm mmm!!! YUM! It was good to be able to show her all of the places that are now so familiar for me!
We left early on the Sunday morning on the train, got to Stutt
gart airport in time, checked in, and were informed that Kirby's flight would be delayed. Anyways, to cut a long story short, she went through security to her gate when they had told her too, so we said our sad goodbyes, and then 10 mins later she called! We ended up spending another couple of hours waiting! It was great! Even though it meant we said goodbye twice!!
I loved the time that Kirby was here. It was just refreshing to see her and be able to completely relax and be the same Vivien I always am with her. She's such a special part of my life and I am blessed to have her! We take pretty good photos too ;)
After she left, I, feeling once again sad and alone, went back to Stuttgart and did a lil sightseeing. It was really nice. It wasn't too hot, wasn't too cold! I found one of the squares ("platz" in German) in the city to be quite charming and well-presented. Very impressive really...
It was nice just to wander around the city with no agenda, very relaxing. I didn't go to anything in particular, shops aren't open on Sundays, so no danger of money being spent!
Since then, I've looked after the kids, did I mention that Johanna is cute?!? :P She likes playing with her dolly, and it's very sweet when she uses shampoo, blankets, a dummy, and towel!! Dommy is also pretty cute at the moment. And he's a very intelligent lil fella! He builds with Lego Technic! Much better than I can!!!
It was Stephi's Birthday on Friday, so people came around for coffee/tea and cake and then they went out that night. I was sick, (and when I say sick, I really do mean 'sick'...ew...) from early Sat morning and was only back up and about on Monday arvo, which wasn't at all fun and just a tad inconvenient for everybody!!
It was Johanna's 2nd birthday yesterday :) Again, the word cute comes to mind! It was fun watching her open her present and then playing with her. I'm gonna miss her a lot!! :( This photo is from when Kirby was here, and I love it!
The Eders left yesterday for Italy, they're going camping for a week, so I'm here alone for a couple of days!
Tomorrow (Friday) well, truth be told, it's already Friday...anyway, it's Stefan's birthday, so that's 3/4 of their family birthdays in a week! Phew!
Anyway....I think that's about it.......no wait, there was one other thing.....what was it...? Let me think........
Oh that's right!
I have a ticket to the World Cup! Australia verses Croatia in Stuttgart on the 22nd June! You should all watch it at 4:30am 23rd - you might see me! :P I'm very excited!
Ok, now I'm done!
Ciao!
On the first weekend in May, I played tennis in Dettingen. It was the Doubles Tournament for the club. Seeing as there are only four women who played, our first and only game was the final!! Hehee! Sonya and I played against Sandra and Gabbi. We lost 6-0, 7-5...oh welll! It was great fun!!
Also went to Gegenwind that night, which was really good :) It was a Prayer Night, which is different every time. This time though, we went in small groups around Heidenheim and prayed for places. It took a lil while, but it was really good. I prayed in English cos it's too hard in German sometimes! ;)
On the Sunday after church, I went to Stephi's dental practice, because it was "Tag der Offene Tür" Basically open day. The businesses in the area were open, there was music, food, games etc. and the locals could come and have a look around! I filled out a card and let it fly away with a balloon - hopefully I can win the prize - free teeth bleaching and cleaning! ;)
Kirby came on the Tuesday! She caught the train to HDH, and I met her at the train station (after she called saying I'm here already!). It was so good having her here! We played cards and mucked around and generally just had fun being in each other's company again! I taught Johanna to say her name, and she says "Fhurby"....I tried! She hasn't quite got the hang of the "k" or "c" sound! But it's so cute, cos she still says Kirby's name, and I have to say "No Johanna, Kirby's not here anymore." She actually also still says John's name, which sounds like "Tchon" (tch as in match) and I say, "Johanna, John's not here" and then she says "Hause?" Which pretty much means home, and I say, yes, he's at home. Hehee! SO CUTE!
Anyways, Kirby and I didn't really go anywhere or do anything in particular while she was here. We just simply hung out and had fun getting up to our usual antics :D We also played Ligretto - A LOT! Kirby liked it so much, that when we went into HDH, she bought a set! :) It's a card game all about speed, and with 2 people it's not the best, but it's still fun. With more people it's very exciting and fast-moving, I love it!So yeah, we did go into HDH, did a bit of looking around, had an icecream, mmm mmm!!! YUM! It was good to be able to show her all of the places that are now so familiar for me!
We left early on the Sunday morning on the train, got to Stutt
gart airport in time, checked in, and were informed that Kirby's flight would be delayed. Anyways, to cut a long story short, she went through security to her gate when they had told her too, so we said our sad goodbyes, and then 10 mins later she called! We ended up spending another couple of hours waiting! It was great! Even though it meant we said goodbye twice!!I loved the time that Kirby was here. It was just refreshing to see her and be able to completely relax and be the same Vivien I always am with her. She's such a special part of my life and I am blessed to have her! We take pretty good photos too ;)
After she left, I, feeling once again sad and alone, went back to Stuttgart and did a lil sightseeing. It was really nice. It wasn't too hot, wasn't too cold! I found one of the squares ("platz" in German) in the city to be quite charming and well-presented. Very impressive really...
It was nice just to wander around the city with no agenda, very relaxing. I didn't go to anything in particular, shops aren't open on Sundays, so no danger of money being spent!Since then, I've looked after the kids, did I mention that Johanna is cute?!? :P She likes playing with her dolly, and it's very sweet when she uses shampoo, blankets, a dummy, and towel!! Dommy is also pretty cute at the moment. And he's a very intelligent lil fella! He builds with Lego Technic! Much better than I can!!!
It was Stephi's Birthday on Friday, so people came around for coffee/tea and cake and then they went out that night. I was sick, (and when I say sick, I really do mean 'sick'...ew...) from early Sat morning and was only back up and about on Monday arvo, which wasn't at all fun and just a tad inconvenient for everybody!!
It was Johanna's 2nd birthday yesterday :) Again, the word cute comes to mind! It was fun watching her open her present and then playing with her. I'm gonna miss her a lot!! :( This photo is from when Kirby was here, and I love it!The Eders left yesterday for Italy, they're going camping for a week, so I'm here alone for a couple of days!
Tomorrow (Friday) well, truth be told, it's already Friday...anyway, it's Stefan's birthday, so that's 3/4 of their family birthdays in a week! Phew!
Anyway....I think that's about it.......no wait, there was one other thing.....what was it...? Let me think........
Oh that's right!
I have a ticket to the World Cup! Australia verses Croatia in Stuttgart on the 22nd June! You should all watch it at 4:30am 23rd - you might see me! :P I'm very excited!
Ok, now I'm done!
Ciao!
2 Comments:
You should wear like an Australian top to the soccer - and take a blow up kangaroo! People with blow up kangaroos always get on TV!!! :)
Well, at least it wasn't as long as your other ones. I actually read all (well, most) of this one!!
have fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home