skiing!
Howdy do dee :)
So, since I last wrote, I've done a couple of things other than the usual!
The first was that I went to Olga's last Sunday. Her "family" were away for a week, skiing. She was loving it, because normally, she can't watch any TV, but being home alone she could! (The day they left, she watched 3 movies, hehee!) So, I went there on the Sunday late arvo and stayed overnight. It was really good. She was so lovely! I like cake, and she knows that, so she bought a blackforest cake!! I only had two pieces total, so for the rest of her week she ate cake! We watched some TV, and chatted for ages. It was cool just to hang out - it was like being at home :)
On the weekend, I went skiing with Christraude's youth group. We went to an area called "Allgäu", which is where Neuschwanstein Castle is. We went to "Wertach" and we stayed in a big house. There were four rooms with 8 beds in each, 2 girls rooms and 2 boys rooms. It was only an hour's drive away so that was good! (On the Autobahn mind you..... :P )
Anyways, it was a really really good weekend. We had a devotion on the Friday night, sang some songs and had a couple of prayers and then we just played games. The funniest thing was, that one of the guys there asked if I was French? Or English? Ahhahahha!!
On Saturday, I went skiing! We went to a ski place called "Oberjoch". By 9:30 we were all decked out and out on the mountain! I didn't have to hire anything because Elias and Anna-Maria brought their mum's skis, and they fit me! Woo hoo!!
We went on the ski-tow, that takes you up the hill, and I didn't know that you're not supposed to actaully sit on it, and I tried to, and Elias said "Nicht sitzen!! (Don't sit!!!) So, I fell off......hehee....it's all good! He then showed me how to ski....I've only done it once before - at Mt Thebarton, about 5 years ago! But I tell you what, it was a lot more difficult when there's a whole heap of new snow, and it's snowing continuously!! Which it did, for the whole day!
I fell down a lot. (Elias asked me one time, "Hey Vivien, why are you so white.........??") When I say a lot, I mean A LOT!!! By lunchtime, I had had enough! I was soaking wet, had sore knees and after an hour or so's break, a cappuccino and a lovely warm hot chocolate I had absolutely no desire whatsoever to keep going!!! But, after a lil encouragment from some of the others and also a message from John, I did. He also gave me a couple of pointers, which I followed and it helped! (Don't actually know if he skis or not...? Oh well, it helped!!) This is a photo of where I was skiing. The ski-tow goes up the left-hand side there.
After lunch it was a whole lot better! I still fell down, but not nearly as often and nowhere near as bad! It was much more fun then!
Yesterday I decided not to go skiing. I stayed back at the house with a lot of the others and we went for a walk......there was SO much snow!!! The lady there told us that it was the most snow there'd been since 1942!!! (This morning in the paper, I read that there was 90cm of snow in Allgäu!)
A couple of them threw me in the snow, after an attempt to surprise me which absolutely did not work! Hehee!! I knew what they were up to.....it was fun :D

So, now I can say that I've been skiing in Germany!
That's about all for now!
Take care and God bless!
Love Vivien
*Christraude! Ich hab dir gesagt, daß ich es diese Woche schreiben würde, aber es ist nur Montag und siehst du? Ich hab's schon gemacht! :P Vielen Dank daß du mich engeladen hast! Es war ein schönes Wochenende, ich würde es gern noch mal machen :) Liebe Grüße!
So, since I last wrote, I've done a couple of things other than the usual!
The first was that I went to Olga's last Sunday. Her "family" were away for a week, skiing. She was loving it, because normally, she can't watch any TV, but being home alone she could! (The day they left, she watched 3 movies, hehee!) So, I went there on the Sunday late arvo and stayed overnight. It was really good. She was so lovely! I like cake, and she knows that, so she bought a blackforest cake!! I only had two pieces total, so for the rest of her week she ate cake! We watched some TV, and chatted for ages. It was cool just to hang out - it was like being at home :)
On the weekend, I went skiing with Christraude's youth group. We went to an area called "Allgäu", which is where Neuschwanstein Castle is. We went to "Wertach" and we stayed in a big house. There were four rooms with 8 beds in each, 2 girls rooms and 2 boys rooms. It was only an hour's drive away so that was good! (On the Autobahn mind you..... :P )
Anyways, it was a really really good weekend. We had a devotion on the Friday night, sang some songs and had a couple of prayers and then we just played games. The funniest thing was, that one of the guys there asked if I was French? Or English? Ahhahahha!!
On Saturday, I went skiing! We went to a ski place called "Oberjoch". By 9:30 we were all decked out and out on the mountain! I didn't have to hire anything because Elias and Anna-Maria brought their mum's skis, and they fit me! Woo hoo!!We went on the ski-tow, that takes you up the hill, and I didn't know that you're not supposed to actaully sit on it, and I tried to, and Elias said "Nicht sitzen!! (Don't sit!!!) So, I fell off......hehee....it's all good! He then showed me how to ski....I've only done it once before - at Mt Thebarton, about 5 years ago! But I tell you what, it was a lot more difficult when there's a whole heap of new snow, and it's snowing continuously!! Which it did, for the whole day!
I fell down a lot. (Elias asked me one time, "Hey Vivien, why are you so white.........??") When I say a lot, I mean A LOT!!! By lunchtime, I had had enough! I was soaking wet, had sore knees and after an hour or so's break, a cappuccino and a lovely warm hot chocolate I had absolutely no desire whatsoever to keep going!!! But, after a lil encouragment from some of the others and also a message from John, I did. He also gave me a couple of pointers, which I followed and it helped! (Don't actually know if he skis or not...? Oh well, it helped!!) This is a photo of where I was skiing. The ski-tow goes up the left-hand side there.After lunch it was a whole lot better! I still fell down, but not nearly as often and nowhere near as bad! It was much more fun then!
Yesterday I decided not to go skiing. I stayed back at the house with a lot of the others and we went for a walk......there was SO much snow!!! The lady there told us that it was the most snow there'd been since 1942!!! (This morning in the paper, I read that there was 90cm of snow in Allgäu!) A couple of them threw me in the snow, after an attempt to surprise me which absolutely did not work! Hehee!! I knew what they were up to.....it was fun :D

So, now I can say that I've been skiing in Germany!
That's about all for now!
Take care and God bless!
Love Vivien
*Christraude! Ich hab dir gesagt, daß ich es diese Woche schreiben würde, aber es ist nur Montag und siehst du? Ich hab's schon gemacht! :P Vielen Dank daß du mich engeladen hast! Es war ein schönes Wochenende, ich würde es gern noch mal machen :) Liebe Grüße!
2 Comments:
I ski! ;-)
Nice photos!
Hey Veve ;)
Hab's heute gelesen! Es ist erst Dienstag...
Es war super-schön, dass du dabei warst. Ich würde dich auch gleich wieder mitnehmen...
Bis bald!
Christraude
Post a Comment
<< Home