gaildorf, denmark & friends!
Hey everyone!
It's only been a couple of weeks since I last wrote, but I have done quite a lot in that time!!!
Two weeks ago, I went to Gaildorf for the weekend, which is just over an hour from Heidenheim (HDH). I went with Elias, one of the guys I met at Gegenwind. We went to his girlfriend Christraude's. It was her birthday, which was the reason she invited me to come too. We went to her youth group on the Friday night, and that was great fun! Anna-Maria, Elias's sister came to surprise Christraude so I got to see her too, which was great! I met some more people and played some table tennis - which I haven't done for years!! Good for me that it all came back pretty quickly!! I played with 3 of the teenage boys, and we won....the last point won by me with a ripper of a shot! I was pretty happy with myself :)
On the Saturday, after we took Anna-Maria to the train station, we went and did some shopping in Gaildorf (Christraude lives about 5 mins away from there). We waited for 25mins in the butcher(!!!), went to 3 chemists to find something, and ended up having to order it! Missed out on sweet pretzels from the bakery, bummer!! It was fun :)
After that we let the horses out for a run.....horses are such a lot of work, I am never getting one! Not that I would if there was no work... :P
That night Elias, Christraude, her brother Martin and I went to Schwäbisch Hall. It's a city, (I guess I'd call it a city...), about the size of HDH...I think...anyways, we walked around and looked at a few things. The St Michaels Church, part of which is 850 years old! I have piccies that you can check out, just ask me if you wanna see them :)
Christraude, Elias and I went back to Schwäbisch Hall on Sunday morning because her auntie invited us to come to a Sunday Brunch. It was from 11:00 until 1:30, and basically, there was a whole bunch of food, including breakfast food, lunch and dessert, and you just went and helped yourself! 2 1/2 hours of eating.....woah.....I was stuffed!!! It was great!!
After that we walked around the city again, looking at some of the same stuff in daylight, and also a whole heap more. It was really interesting to see the old houses, some of which you could still see the wooden beams between the stone. It was very cool. They also took me to a frozen lake!!! That was awesome!
So, that was a really good weekend. Elias is a funny guy, and I always have a lot of fun mucking around with him, and Christraude is lovely! She's really easy to get along with, and I'm thankful that I can call them my friends!! It was cool just hanging out with them, playing games, talking and listening to music. I'll definitely have to go back there in the summer time!!
Then, last week, Jo Werner, (from Aust for those of you who don't know her), came and
visited me!! She came on Wednesday and stayed until Friday. I thought that she was already back in Aust, so I was so surprised to get an email from her to see if she could visit. It was soo good to see her! We had fun at tennis on Weds night, and then Thursday we didn't do much! I had language course, so we went to the bus stop, and were going to stay for only half of it, but we waited for half an hour and no bus!! It had snowed a lot, and was still snowing a lil. So, I decided not to go! Instead we came home and watched a movie! Then we went to the Schlicker and had pizza!
On Friday, I went to Denmark, and Jo wasn't sure what she was gonna do...... After a late night, we had to get up at 5:45, cos we were getting picked up at 6:15....boy that was tough....Teresa's dad works near Stuttgart Airport, so he dropped us there! It was snowing and it was really really windy, so we had to drive at like 40kms for about an hour! Jeepers! After I checked in at the airport, we went into Stuttgart and had something to eat, then I had to go back to the aiport. Jo stayed in Stuttgart. It was great to have her :) So glad she came!
So, my flight from Stuttgart was delayed, the plane had to be de-iced and la di da di da.....we left at 12:40 instead of 11:15....!! Arrived in Denmark at 2:10 pm, and was hoping to miraculously get my bags in 10 mins and catch a train leaving at 2:40.....fat chance! Our baggage was delayed!!! I got it at 3:05...So, I caught the 3:40 train, arriving in Aarhus at 7:08pm. Wouldn't you know it.....the train arrived late!! At 7:40!! Maria (from New Vision last year) was picking me up, with her friend Bo, and we drove an hour to Aars, where Watermark Denmark (the team that Kirby is on) were doing a program. We caught the last 2 1/2 songs....It was cool to see them, would have been awesome to have seen the whole program! Kirby didn't know that we were coming, so it was cool to surprise her!!! Her reaction was classic!! Loved it! Hehee!
I drove with the team back to Borkop bible college, which was over an hours drive away. Kirby drove, which was fun :) She did a great job! That was another late night!! So, for the weekend I just hung out with Kirby and her team mates, Josh, Dan, Soren, Jim, Jenni and Mary, and also Maria and Bo. It was cool fun! I played table tennis against Dan, and he beat me 7-4, but he said I was good so he told the other guys.....then I played Josh and Soren and beat them both! Woo hoo! It was so much fun! I miss playing it... Kirby and I also had a bash of badminton, which was fun too!! I haven't played since Year 12!!
It was cool hanging out with them all, catching up with Maria and just meeting and talking to some of the danish people studying there. I learnt a tiny bit of Danish....didn't want to attempt too much - having enough trouble remembering German and trying not to forget English!!!
It was so good to see Kirby again!!!! I have missed her so much since we've been apart! We had great fun playing games and chatting - good quality time. Loved it!
On Monday morning, we had to get up at 3:45 so we could leave by 4:15am.......even tougher!!! Watermark had a ferry to catch at 8am, and had to drive a few hours to get there. They dropped me off at the Copenhagen airport at about 6:40.....I only had to wait until 3:15....hehee....It was really good though. I checked in and then went into Copenhagen itself. I spent the whole day there just walking around, checking out stuff. It was cool. It was really foggy, but it was a beautiful city! I took quite a few photos....not that I can remember, or even knew, what it all was!!!
Didn't even run into Princess Mary.....pft! :P
Finally headed back to the airport in the arvo. I was completely stuffed!! My plane left on time, and even arrived early into Stuttgart!!! Wrong way around!!! Oh well....
Last night after language course I went to a café with Olga. (The Russian AuPair in my language course.) It was great! We are planning a few trips, so it's all very exciting! She's a really nice girl, and we get along :) It's also really good for my German because she doesn't speak English!!
So, that's what I've been up to!! It's been great fun - busy and tiring, but really good!
I hope that you are all going well and that you're enjoying your lives!
Email me, write comments (not the actual word 'comments' for some of you), call me, msg me.......something :)
Love Vivien
It's only been a couple of weeks since I last wrote, but I have done quite a lot in that time!!!
Two weeks ago, I went to Gaildorf for the weekend, which is just over an hour from Heidenheim (HDH). I went with Elias, one of the guys I met at Gegenwind. We went to his girlfriend Christraude's. It was her birthday, which was the reason she invited me to come too. We went to her youth group on the Friday night, and that was great fun! Anna-Maria, Elias's sister came to surprise Christraude so I got to see her too, which was great! I met some more people and played some table tennis - which I haven't done for years!! Good for me that it all came back pretty quickly!! I played with 3 of the teenage boys, and we won....the last point won by me with a ripper of a shot! I was pretty happy with myself :)
On the Saturday, after we took Anna-Maria to the train station, we went and did some shopping in Gaildorf (Christraude lives about 5 mins away from there). We waited for 25mins in the butcher(!!!), went to 3 chemists to find something, and ended up having to order it! Missed out on sweet pretzels from the bakery, bummer!! It was fun :)
After that we let the horses out for a run.....horses are such a lot of work, I am never getting one! Not that I would if there was no work... :P
That night Elias, Christraude, her brother Martin and I went to Schwäbisch Hall. It's a city, (I guess I'd call it a city...), about the size of HDH...I think...anyways, we walked around and looked at a few things. The St Michaels Church, part of which is 850 years old! I have piccies that you can check out, just ask me if you wanna see them :)
Christraude, Elias and I went back to Schwäbisch Hall on Sunday morning because her auntie invited us to come to a Sunday Brunch. It was from 11:00 until 1:30, and basically, there was a whole bunch of food, including breakfast food, lunch and dessert, and you just went and helped yourself! 2 1/2 hours of eating.....woah.....I was stuffed!!! It was great!!
After that we walked around the city again, looking at some of the same stuff in daylight, and also a whole heap more. It was really interesting to see the old houses, some of which you could still see the wooden beams between the stone. It was very cool. They also took me to a frozen lake!!! That was awesome! So, that was a really good weekend. Elias is a funny guy, and I always have a lot of fun mucking around with him, and Christraude is lovely! She's really easy to get along with, and I'm thankful that I can call them my friends!! It was cool just hanging out with them, playing games, talking and listening to music. I'll definitely have to go back there in the summer time!!
Then, last week, Jo Werner, (from Aust for those of you who don't know her), came and
visited me!! She came on Wednesday and stayed until Friday. I thought that she was already back in Aust, so I was so surprised to get an email from her to see if she could visit. It was soo good to see her! We had fun at tennis on Weds night, and then Thursday we didn't do much! I had language course, so we went to the bus stop, and were going to stay for only half of it, but we waited for half an hour and no bus!! It had snowed a lot, and was still snowing a lil. So, I decided not to go! Instead we came home and watched a movie! Then we went to the Schlicker and had pizza! On Friday, I went to Denmark, and Jo wasn't sure what she was gonna do...... After a late night, we had to get up at 5:45, cos we were getting picked up at 6:15....boy that was tough....Teresa's dad works near Stuttgart Airport, so he dropped us there! It was snowing and it was really really windy, so we had to drive at like 40kms for about an hour! Jeepers! After I checked in at the airport, we went into Stuttgart and had something to eat, then I had to go back to the aiport. Jo stayed in Stuttgart. It was great to have her :) So glad she came!
So, my flight from Stuttgart was delayed, the plane had to be de-iced and la di da di da.....we left at 12:40 instead of 11:15....!! Arrived in Denmark at 2:10 pm, and was hoping to miraculously get my bags in 10 mins and catch a train leaving at 2:40.....fat chance! Our baggage was delayed!!! I got it at 3:05...So, I caught the 3:40 train, arriving in Aarhus at 7:08pm. Wouldn't you know it.....the train arrived late!! At 7:40!! Maria (from New Vision last year) was picking me up, with her friend Bo, and we drove an hour to Aars, where Watermark Denmark (the team that Kirby is on) were doing a program. We caught the last 2 1/2 songs....It was cool to see them, would have been awesome to have seen the whole program! Kirby didn't know that we were coming, so it was cool to surprise her!!! Her reaction was classic!! Loved it! Hehee!
I drove with the team back to Borkop bible college, which was over an hours drive away. Kirby drove, which was fun :) She did a great job! That was another late night!! So, for the weekend I just hung out with Kirby and her team mates, Josh, Dan, Soren, Jim, Jenni and Mary, and also Maria and Bo. It was cool fun! I played table tennis against Dan, and he beat me 7-4, but he said I was good so he told the other guys.....then I played Josh and Soren and beat them both! Woo hoo! It was so much fun! I miss playing it... Kirby and I also had a bash of badminton, which was fun too!! I haven't played since Year 12!!
It was cool hanging out with them all, catching up with Maria and just meeting and talking to some of the danish people studying there. I learnt a tiny bit of Danish....didn't want to attempt too much - having enough trouble remembering German and trying not to forget English!!!It was so good to see Kirby again!!!! I have missed her so much since we've been apart! We had great fun playing games and chatting - good quality time. Loved it!
On Monday morning, we had to get up at 3:45 so we could leave by 4:15am.......even tougher!!! Watermark had a ferry to catch at 8am, and had to drive a few hours to get there. They dropped me off at the Copenhagen airport at about 6:40.....I only had to wait until 3:15....hehee....It was really good though. I checked in and then went into Copenhagen itself. I spent the whole day there just walking around, checking out stuff. It was cool. It was really foggy, but it was a beautiful city! I took quite a few photos....not that I can remember, or even knew, what it all was!!!
Didn't even run into Princess Mary.....pft! :P
Finally headed back to the airport in the arvo. I was completely stuffed!! My plane left on time, and even arrived early into Stuttgart!!! Wrong way around!!! Oh well....
Last night after language course I went to a café with Olga. (The Russian AuPair in my language course.) It was great! We are planning a few trips, so it's all very exciting! She's a really nice girl, and we get along :) It's also really good for my German because she doesn't speak English!! So, that's what I've been up to!! It's been great fun - busy and tiring, but really good!
I hope that you are all going well and that you're enjoying your lives!
Email me, write comments (not the actual word 'comments' for some of you), call me, msg me.......something :)
Love Vivien
3 Comments:
It's great when friends drop in! And when you can drop in on friends! :)
good to hear the latest Viv!
Looks like I may have to recruit you for my table tennis team as well as tennis now!! :P
Hello Viv! Guess who??!! Saw Brayden on Saturday night at Lauren Thurlow's 21st and he passed on your very kind birthday greetings and told me you were a blogger! Wicked! I get to catch up on all your goss! Sounds like you're having an awesome time...I'm about to head to the Gallery (now called 'Rumours') for some good ole' Uni grease. I'll keep checking this - now I know it exists! Write again soon. Lots of love, Heidi Holz.
Post a Comment
<< Home