nothing in particular, simply an update
So, I'm just listening to Sons of Korah, and they are awesome! It's amazing how much you can get out of the Psalms when they're sung like these guys do....I have been listening to them on and off for the last couple of days, and it's such a good way to make you realise who is in control of your life and that all the worries in your life are diddly squat when compared to how much God loves us! I love it!!!
I just had to start off with that!
It's been a while since I've posted and I see that you've all been craving more.....yah.... ;) The reason for this is simply that I haven't had anything in particular to tell you all! Not that I do today.....I just feel like having a babble....
Things here have been moving along as per usual, and I'm feeling really happy about being here. Everything has become normal and I am enjoying my life....except that the absence of some people is sometimes more than I care to admit...
I am still fumbling my way through conversations in German, and I think I am getting better, but I still get frustrated when I constantly make mistakes. I started going to a language course in Heidenheim on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-8.15. There are a mixture of people in the course: Hungarians, Russians, Turks, Spanish, a Nigerian, a Czech chick (who is kinda bleh..) and they're all a mixture of ages. So, it's been really interesting learning German, when everything is explained in German! Sometimes, it's kinda hard to figure out what's going on, because I haven't had it explained in English!! Garr! I think that it won't necessarily be the work that we do that will help me, but more so the fact that I have to speak German with everyone because that is (for the most part) our common language. There are a few who speak English too which is handy! Anyway, that's enough on that! (Apparently, I have a different woice - that's how Teresa says it, hehee - when I speak German! So, if anyone wants a laugh, call me and demand I say something in German! ;) I may or may not oblige.....)
I have also started going to Choir! There are a couple of choirs, the first one 7.30-9, is....um I dunno what it's called, but it's mainly older people and that was cool! But I tell ya what, it's a lil difficult to sight-read music while traing to read the German!! But, it was fun! The other one is "Projekt Chor" which means project choir. D'oh. That is coniderably smaller, and is more middle-aged people, maybe cos it starts at 9..... Anyway, that's good fun too!
Ummmm.......just trying to think of something else to add.....oh! How could I forget! This afternoon, I went to visit one of the old ladies who goes to church. She picks up her grand-daughter from kindy at the same time as I pick up Dominik, and on Monday she invited me around. So, I went. She was so sweet! She gave me a daily devotion book, (in German), that has the bible readings for church in it, and also a small copy of the New Testament & Psalms, (in English), so that on Sundays, I know what the text is, and I can take the small bible in my pocket and follow along!!! How cute!!! She actually said that 'Du kannst es in deine Tasche nehmen'. She gave me a coffee and some yeast cake, which was pretty good, but none will ever be as good as Grandma Nitschke's!! She also showed me a photo album and she was talking about this and that, and oh man....I didn't understand some of what she said, but it was so lovely! She was so happy that I went to visit her, and I think I will again, every so often. I have to...she lent me some German Chorale CD's and a book of short stories! It was quite a humbling thing, because she was so, just so giving! And, her son and daughter-in-law are involved with a group who meet every Sat and she said I could go along, so wow.....God has an amazingly tricky way of working things out!!!
I think that that's why I'm writing today, cos Lisa (the old lady) was just so...inspiring. She cares enough to invite me around and get me involved in something where I'll meet people my own age.
Hmm.
Hope you are all well. Email me or comment, anything, I love getting updates!!
Anyways, that's all for now. Sons of Korah are done too, so I'm outtie!
Ciao for now!
Love Vivien
I just had to start off with that!
It's been a while since I've posted and I see that you've all been craving more.....yah.... ;) The reason for this is simply that I haven't had anything in particular to tell you all! Not that I do today.....I just feel like having a babble....
Things here have been moving along as per usual, and I'm feeling really happy about being here. Everything has become normal and I am enjoying my life....except that the absence of some people is sometimes more than I care to admit...
I am still fumbling my way through conversations in German, and I think I am getting better, but I still get frustrated when I constantly make mistakes. I started going to a language course in Heidenheim on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-8.15. There are a mixture of people in the course: Hungarians, Russians, Turks, Spanish, a Nigerian, a Czech chick (who is kinda bleh..) and they're all a mixture of ages. So, it's been really interesting learning German, when everything is explained in German! Sometimes, it's kinda hard to figure out what's going on, because I haven't had it explained in English!! Garr! I think that it won't necessarily be the work that we do that will help me, but more so the fact that I have to speak German with everyone because that is (for the most part) our common language. There are a few who speak English too which is handy! Anyway, that's enough on that! (Apparently, I have a different woice - that's how Teresa says it, hehee - when I speak German! So, if anyone wants a laugh, call me and demand I say something in German! ;) I may or may not oblige.....)
I have also started going to Choir! There are a couple of choirs, the first one 7.30-9, is....um I dunno what it's called, but it's mainly older people and that was cool! But I tell ya what, it's a lil difficult to sight-read music while traing to read the German!! But, it was fun! The other one is "Projekt Chor" which means project choir. D'oh. That is coniderably smaller, and is more middle-aged people, maybe cos it starts at 9..... Anyway, that's good fun too!
Ummmm.......just trying to think of something else to add.....oh! How could I forget! This afternoon, I went to visit one of the old ladies who goes to church. She picks up her grand-daughter from kindy at the same time as I pick up Dominik, and on Monday she invited me around. So, I went. She was so sweet! She gave me a daily devotion book, (in German), that has the bible readings for church in it, and also a small copy of the New Testament & Psalms, (in English), so that on Sundays, I know what the text is, and I can take the small bible in my pocket and follow along!!! How cute!!! She actually said that 'Du kannst es in deine Tasche nehmen'. She gave me a coffee and some yeast cake, which was pretty good, but none will ever be as good as Grandma Nitschke's!! She also showed me a photo album and she was talking about this and that, and oh man....I didn't understand some of what she said, but it was so lovely! She was so happy that I went to visit her, and I think I will again, every so often. I have to...she lent me some German Chorale CD's and a book of short stories! It was quite a humbling thing, because she was so, just so giving! And, her son and daughter-in-law are involved with a group who meet every Sat and she said I could go along, so wow.....God has an amazingly tricky way of working things out!!!
I think that that's why I'm writing today, cos Lisa (the old lady) was just so...inspiring. She cares enough to invite me around and get me involved in something where I'll meet people my own age.
Hmm.
Hope you are all well. Email me or comment, anything, I love getting updates!!
Anyways, that's all for now. Sons of Korah are done too, so I'm outtie!
Ciao for now!
Love Vivien
4 Comments:
zwei kartoffellpuffer!!
Hey Viv,
love hearing what you are up to. You are really inspiring to me too.
Lauren
Hola Vivola!
Remember...when you get stuck for something to say, you only have to remember one word:
FEFFELKUCHEN.
That's all :o)
love the other lauren
xx
Hello Vivvy!
This is Carole Anne Hochstetler in Goshen Indiana USA. Thanks for the pic of you and Johanna. I got it a few minutes ago. I noticed the www address in the corner of the email, so I went there as you see. It's been fun to read your blog in October. In terms of language; I think its fun to use my sense of humor at those times when "words fail". Humor always lightens the tension. Try it.
Look forward to seeing you again online. Clair and I are looking forward to seeing you. Your new friend Lisa appears to be an angel in disguise. Perhaps you will make some new friends your age soon. God Bless you Vivvy...
1John 4:18
Post a Comment
<< Home