Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Neuschwanstein, Allgäu

Ok, for those of you who didn't receive my email for whatever reason, here's a little bit about what I did on Saturday!

We went to the area of Allgäu, which is where "Neuschwanstein" is! And if you don't know what that is, it's the famous castle in Bayern, Germany! I've been told by a trusted friend that it's the most photographed building in the world....there's also a copy of it in Disneyland, Florida.
Here it is.......not the greatest piccie, the clouds were pretty low, giving the whole view a nice white curtain! Blah! ;)
So, anyway, I've seen it! Not up close and personal, just close to it....next time, I'll actually go there..... We went there to visit some friends and go on the SommerRodelBahn, which is a summer toboggan run - great fun!!!!

This is the view behind me, as I was going up to the top! Nice huh?!?! Reminds me of The Sound of Music!

I went on it twice. The first time, I went with Dominik, and just near the top, as we started going down, my hat blew off!!!!! (Yep Brenton, THAT hat....) I was quite upset!! But, I still had to enjoy the ride! And it was great fun!

The second time I went down, I was by myself, and did I use the brake going down?? No way!! It was so much better the second time cos I went as fast as I could! Except, there's two places near the end where they have these strips hanging...and if you go too fast, they whack you in the face and it hurts! So, I used the brake at the end the second time!

We had a good day! The weather was a bit weird, because it was a nice warm day, and then the dark clouds starting moving closer, the wind picked up, and then it slowed down....it was much nicer when we first got there, and there was no line up, but when we left, (as the weather was getting a bit crappy), there was a huge line-up! Good timing for us!

The other new experience for the day, was the trip there and back....on the Autobahn. It was so freaky to see the speedo at 188km/h! Crikey! If I was on my own, I would have cracked up laughing, but I think they would have found it funny that I found it funny! So, I just smiled....a lot....hehee.....

All in all, a great day!

The swimming pool here is back in action, (it was emptied and cleaned, resealed) and is now at a lovely 27C! So, we went swimming yesterday! Nice! Convenient to have a pool next to the living room!

Anyway, that's all for now!

Til next time!

Take care and God bless!

Luv Vivien!

Oh and by the way Henry, I got my hat back!!! Just thought I'd leave it to the end, keep you wondering!!! Someone brought it down with them. It was very dirty!!! All washed now....but there's still a black mark on it....travel scars! It's all good, I'm just very glad to have it back. It's special. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Sept 06, 03:12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, glad that you have that hat back. sounds like you are having lots of fun. xxxxxx

Wed Sept 07, 08:22:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home