just some random info
Ok, it's been a lil while since I wrote on here, so here's a little more about what I've been up to.
Last week, Stephie and Stefan went to Italy for their wedding anniversary. So, I looked after both kids by myself from Thursday afternoon until Friday afternoon until they went to Oma und Opa's. It all went ok, which was great! I only had to get up once to Johanna, at 4:15am! And then Dominik was up at 6! Kids....they just don't realise the value of a sleep-in.......Heheee....
After they left, I was on my own! It was different to be here by myself for the whole weekend, but I didn't mind. I went to a barbeque on Friday night with some people who play tennis as well. That was fun! I met a few new people. There were two families who live in Heidenheim, and I might go and visit one of them, which will be fun! And I met a guy who is studying in Stuttgart, and he said he could show me around! That'll be cool as I have only seen the airport!
On Saturday morning, I went to Heidenheim. I caught the bus at 8:03am, purely because that is the latest bus into Heidenheim on a Saturday morning.....crazy!! It took about 25 mins to get into the city. I spent the next four hours walking up and down the Füßgang (like Rundle Mall) and in the Schloss Arkaden (basically a shopping centre). It was good to look around, but it was drizzling most of the time.....I went into the Müller three times during that morning!! It's kind of like Target or Harris Scarfe, just no clothes and bigger items. It's a good shop.....they have Pringles.... :)
I caught the last bus back home at 12:22. Had to ride home standing up, cos my bike seat was wet! Heheee, pretty funny.....
Spent the rest of the day doing not much! And Saturday night, I watched Double Jeopardy with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones, but in German, it's called "Doppel Mord" which is double murder! Pft! Some of the names of movies in German are pretty funny.....like, "Meet the Fockers" is called "Meine Frau, Ihre Schwiegirer Eltern, und ich" which is "My mrs(colloquially), her parents and I"......anyways.....it's a neverending source of amusement for me to look in the tv guide to see what movies are called!!!
On Sunday I went to church, and I actually followed what they were on about! Not as in understanding the words, just where they were in the service.... :) Got in the last half of the Lord's Prayer, by the time I found it in the book! Hopefully I start to pick up more as I keep going....Oh, as I was riding to church, I was recognised by my bike! Hehee, this lady saw my bike and realised that it was the bike that the previous Au Pair had been riding, so she knew who I was!
Going to play beach volleyball tonight! If it doesn't rain!! It's not an actual beach......just sand from the Danau....apparently it was very expensive......
Last week, Stephie and Stefan went to Italy for their wedding anniversary. So, I looked after both kids by myself from Thursday afternoon until Friday afternoon until they went to Oma und Opa's. It all went ok, which was great! I only had to get up once to Johanna, at 4:15am! And then Dominik was up at 6! Kids....they just don't realise the value of a sleep-in.......Heheee....
After they left, I was on my own! It was different to be here by myself for the whole weekend, but I didn't mind. I went to a barbeque on Friday night with some people who play tennis as well. That was fun! I met a few new people. There were two families who live in Heidenheim, and I might go and visit one of them, which will be fun! And I met a guy who is studying in Stuttgart, and he said he could show me around! That'll be cool as I have only seen the airport!
On Saturday morning, I went to Heidenheim. I caught the bus at 8:03am, purely because that is the latest bus into Heidenheim on a Saturday morning.....crazy!! It took about 25 mins to get into the city. I spent the next four hours walking up and down the Füßgang (like Rundle Mall) and in the Schloss Arkaden (basically a shopping centre). It was good to look around, but it was drizzling most of the time.....I went into the Müller three times during that morning!! It's kind of like Target or Harris Scarfe, just no clothes and bigger items. It's a good shop.....they have Pringles.... :)
I caught the last bus back home at 12:22. Had to ride home standing up, cos my bike seat was wet! Heheee, pretty funny.....
Spent the rest of the day doing not much! And Saturday night, I watched Double Jeopardy with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones, but in German, it's called "Doppel Mord" which is double murder! Pft! Some of the names of movies in German are pretty funny.....like, "Meet the Fockers" is called "Meine Frau, Ihre Schwiegirer Eltern, und ich" which is "My mrs(colloquially), her parents and I"......anyways.....it's a neverending source of amusement for me to look in the tv guide to see what movies are called!!!
On Sunday I went to church, and I actually followed what they were on about! Not as in understanding the words, just where they were in the service.... :) Got in the last half of the Lord's Prayer, by the time I found it in the book! Hopefully I start to pick up more as I keep going....Oh, as I was riding to church, I was recognised by my bike! Hehee, this lady saw my bike and realised that it was the bike that the previous Au Pair had been riding, so she knew who I was!
Going to play beach volleyball tonight! If it doesn't rain!! It's not an actual beach......just sand from the Danau....apparently it was very expensive......
Ok, well, that's about all for now, hope that satisfies anybody wanting to know what I'm up to!
Ciao for now!
Love Vivien
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home