alles gute zum Geburtstag!
Well, it was my birthday on Saturday, and I am now 23! Woo hoo! :D BIG difference....hehee
I had a good day! We all had brekkie together, (that is, the family and I) and it was yum-o! Also had some sparkling red....guess I should call it that....and I think it went straight to my head....hmm.....not used to it! Cadbury kid!! Anyways, they gave me the box set of "The Lord of the Rings", so now I can finally read it! I always wanted to, in highschool Kerryn had a copy of it, but I think I never did because the size of the book scared me! Silly....
Dominik also gave me a pressie.....a box, with a lego box in it, a toy catalogue, a drawing, a colouring in piccie that he did and two dice!!! Hehee, very cute!
Spent a decent amount of time talking to a few people, which was very cool, great to talk to them!!! No better way to spend a birthday!
Oh, and here, the mail is also delivered on Saturdays!! And, I got a pressie from Emma on Saturday!! Was SO good!!! Perfect timing sis!!
The other thing that came in the post, was a package from Esprit. It's cool here, cos you can look on their website, order clothes, and they send them to you. You can try them on and if you don't like it, or it doesn't fit, whatever, you send it back and it costs zip! Cool huh? Also kinda bad tho.....I'll have to be very well-behaved...and limit my viewing of the website....but I do only look in the sale section....... So, anyways, there were two pairs of pants that I ordered. I tried them both, and the second pair was great! And I didn't take them off for the rest of the day!! Hehee...
We went out for tea to a Chinese restaurant in Heidenheim, and some of our neighbours came too. They gave me a pair of socks that I wear to bed, and are soooo warm!!! And also a whole lot of chocolate!! I'll be pacing myself with that......
My friend Teresa came as well. She has been helping me with German, and she's cool to hang out with, so it was great that she could come too! Teresa gave me some of those cool Stabilo fineliner pens - oh love 'em!!
After tea, Stephie and I went to a concert just the other side of Heidenheim. It was by a group called "Nostalphoniker". They are a group of 6 guys, and they do songs from the "Comedian Harmonists" who were a pretty famous group in the 20's or 30's....hmm....anyway, that was an awesome concert! They were really good, and very funny! They sang one song in English and there was a bit at the end that was funny, and I laughed, but hardly anyone else did.....oh well! I enjoyed it!
Then, I went with Teresa and her boyfriend Alex, back into Heidenheim! We went to an American Bar and I had some cocktail that costed 6,70 €!! Alex was nice enough to shout me that tho! Then we went and had a "döner" which is a Turkish food. A bit like a yiros, but the bread is a lil thicker and is shaped like a slice of pizza. So, it was a 'pocket' of bread, with meat and salady stuff and a sauce. Tasted great! I had only a half, and it was almost as big as a whole one!! But, it was only 2€..... ;)
Yesterday, we went to the Augsburg Zoo! That was pretty cool! In both senses of the word actually...... The wind was chilly as! Saw all the usual animals that you see in a zoo....it was really nice walking around though, despite the coolness, because there were lots of trees and it was just a really nice zoo!
Anyway, this has been a pretty long post, and you're probably all tired and need a rest....so, I'll leave it there for now!
Hope you're all well, let me know how things are going, post a comment, anything.....!
Lots of Love, Vivien
Ciao!
I had a good day! We all had brekkie together, (that is, the family and I) and it was yum-o! Also had some sparkling red....guess I should call it that....and I think it went straight to my head....hmm.....not used to it! Cadbury kid!! Anyways, they gave me the box set of "The Lord of the Rings", so now I can finally read it! I always wanted to, in highschool Kerryn had a copy of it, but I think I never did because the size of the book scared me! Silly....
Dominik also gave me a pressie.....a box, with a lego box in it, a toy catalogue, a drawing, a colouring in piccie that he did and two dice!!! Hehee, very cute!
Spent a decent amount of time talking to a few people, which was very cool, great to talk to them!!! No better way to spend a birthday!
Oh, and here, the mail is also delivered on Saturdays!! And, I got a pressie from Emma on Saturday!! Was SO good!!! Perfect timing sis!!
The other thing that came in the post, was a package from Esprit. It's cool here, cos you can look on their website, order clothes, and they send them to you. You can try them on and if you don't like it, or it doesn't fit, whatever, you send it back and it costs zip! Cool huh? Also kinda bad tho.....I'll have to be very well-behaved...and limit my viewing of the website....but I do only look in the sale section....... So, anyways, there were two pairs of pants that I ordered. I tried them both, and the second pair was great! And I didn't take them off for the rest of the day!! Hehee...
We went out for tea to a Chinese restaurant in Heidenheim, and some of our neighbours came too. They gave me a pair of socks that I wear to bed, and are soooo warm!!! And also a whole lot of chocolate!! I'll be pacing myself with that......
My friend Teresa came as well. She has been helping me with German, and she's cool to hang out with, so it was great that she could come too! Teresa gave me some of those cool Stabilo fineliner pens - oh love 'em!!
After tea, Stephie and I went to a concert just the other side of Heidenheim. It was by a group called "Nostalphoniker". They are a group of 6 guys, and they do songs from the "Comedian Harmonists" who were a pretty famous group in the 20's or 30's....hmm....anyway, that was an awesome concert! They were really good, and very funny! They sang one song in English and there was a bit at the end that was funny, and I laughed, but hardly anyone else did.....oh well! I enjoyed it!
Then, I went with Teresa and her boyfriend Alex, back into Heidenheim! We went to an American Bar and I had some cocktail that costed 6,70 €!! Alex was nice enough to shout me that tho! Then we went and had a "döner" which is a Turkish food. A bit like a yiros, but the bread is a lil thicker and is shaped like a slice of pizza. So, it was a 'pocket' of bread, with meat and salady stuff and a sauce. Tasted great! I had only a half, and it was almost as big as a whole one!! But, it was only 2€..... ;)
Yesterday, we went to the Augsburg Zoo! That was pretty cool! In both senses of the word actually...... The wind was chilly as! Saw all the usual animals that you see in a zoo....it was really nice walking around though, despite the coolness, because there were lots of trees and it was just a really nice zoo!
Anyway, this has been a pretty long post, and you're probably all tired and need a rest....so, I'll leave it there for now!
Hope you're all well, let me know how things are going, post a comment, anything.....!
Lots of Love, Vivien
Ciao!
2 Comments:
Hi Viv, really great to read your blogs. I thought of you on Saturday and it's nice you had such a good time on your birthday!
Auf weidersehn von your tante Roma.
Hi Viv,
It's good to see that you're looking after yourself - feeding your face with birthday chocolate!!! I'm glad you had a great day. I've even got Uncle Ted reading your blogs!
Keep up the writing
Love Aunty Eck
Post a Comment
<< Home