viv is back
Just so that you all know, (well, Jason in particular!!), our internet has been down, so that's why I haven't written for a while - good excuse I think!! Waaaaay better than 'I'm lazy'! Which would be my normal excuse.
Anyway, since the last time I wrote, a lot has happened! Our Fuel weekend went really well, everything turned out ok. People seemed to have fun and get something out of it, which is great. We also have some really helpful feedback, that will help us make next year's better! Oh, anybody want a T-shirt?? We have some left, only $12!!
Update on Germany stuff - I have my Visa!!!!!! Wooop woop! I'm very excited, and relieved that I have my passport back in my possession!! And the little girl that I'll be looking after, Johanna, just turned one the other day, so that has made me all excited again! Not that I wasn't excited before that, because I am.....but it's also kinda scary! i'm freaking out that my German won't be very good, but I know deep down that it will all come out when I get there and hear the language again. A prayer point for me I think.
This week has been a tough one, as we found out that Grandma has pancreatic cancer. The doctor has said six months, but who knows. It's hard to think how I will feel about saying goodbye to her, but I'm glad that I will have the chance. Another prayer point!
Tennis. I've been playing Monday nights with a friend from church, Tim. And I love playing tennis, but I'm disappointed that I can't play touch footy, which wasn't going to be on, and now it is, grrr....but then, there was a slight chance that I was going to be able to play a game, but that was crushed in a second!!!! I'm still hoping.........Anyway, back to tennis. We've been winning, because we win our doubles and Tim wins both his singles!! But we need to win by more........ My game is really inconsistent, and it's really annoying, because I lose my singles by making mistakes! I need to work on getting rid of silly little errors, so that I can contribue a lil more!!!!! Sorry Tim!
The New Vision guys left since my last post as well, and that was sad.......but good for them to be going home - I hope they all miss SA at least a little bit! Kirby and I love our 'I'm with the band' t-shirts, and we wear them proudly! I will never be able to say thank you enough guys!!
I've still been working a lot at the child care centre, and it's soooo much fun! I love the kids there, and I'm gonna miss them a lot! The people I work with are great too, I'll miss them too, we have a lot of laughs, but they're all gonna miss me as well!!
I reckon that's about all for now.....I'm really hungry - lunch was at 11:15 this morning, so it's been 3 1/2 hours already!! Kids..... So I'm gonna go and have a cuppa and something to eat!
Take care and God bless!
Viv
Anyway, since the last time I wrote, a lot has happened! Our Fuel weekend went really well, everything turned out ok. People seemed to have fun and get something out of it, which is great. We also have some really helpful feedback, that will help us make next year's better! Oh, anybody want a T-shirt?? We have some left, only $12!!
Update on Germany stuff - I have my Visa!!!!!! Wooop woop! I'm very excited, and relieved that I have my passport back in my possession!! And the little girl that I'll be looking after, Johanna, just turned one the other day, so that has made me all excited again! Not that I wasn't excited before that, because I am.....but it's also kinda scary! i'm freaking out that my German won't be very good, but I know deep down that it will all come out when I get there and hear the language again. A prayer point for me I think.
This week has been a tough one, as we found out that Grandma has pancreatic cancer. The doctor has said six months, but who knows. It's hard to think how I will feel about saying goodbye to her, but I'm glad that I will have the chance. Another prayer point!
Tennis. I've been playing Monday nights with a friend from church, Tim. And I love playing tennis, but I'm disappointed that I can't play touch footy, which wasn't going to be on, and now it is, grrr....but then, there was a slight chance that I was going to be able to play a game, but that was crushed in a second!!!! I'm still hoping.........Anyway, back to tennis. We've been winning, because we win our doubles and Tim wins both his singles!! But we need to win by more........ My game is really inconsistent, and it's really annoying, because I lose my singles by making mistakes! I need to work on getting rid of silly little errors, so that I can contribue a lil more!!!!! Sorry Tim!
The New Vision guys left since my last post as well, and that was sad.......but good for them to be going home - I hope they all miss SA at least a little bit! Kirby and I love our 'I'm with the band' t-shirts, and we wear them proudly! I will never be able to say thank you enough guys!!
I've still been working a lot at the child care centre, and it's soooo much fun! I love the kids there, and I'm gonna miss them a lot! The people I work with are great too, I'll miss them too, we have a lot of laughs, but they're all gonna miss me as well!!
I reckon that's about all for now.....I'm really hungry - lunch was at 11:15 this morning, so it's been 3 1/2 hours already!! Kids..... So I'm gonna go and have a cuppa and something to eat!
Take care and God bless!
Viv
2 Comments:
hehe.. thanks for the update Viv!
Welcome back to the internet!
Don't knock yourself too much - you are a very good tennis player. We also wouldnt win if I didnt have you beside me in the doubles!! So far it has been a pleasure playing tennis with you, I have enjoyed it immensely. I hope you find somewhere to play in Germany otherwise you are gonna be so rusty when you get back!
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I hope you will get some meaningful time with her before you leave.
Cya soon!
Tim.
heck yeah...a cuppa. Man it's good to hear someone say that. I wish we had cuppas in america. We just have "coffee breaks" instead but it doesn't sound as cool and you know what...it isn't as cool because we don't have your biscuits.
anyways, I'm glad my name made your post. I'm so proud I'm gonna cry. But seriously, for cereal, it was good to get an update. And again, sorry to hear about your grandma. It is amazing to think how important it is that we charish all those moments with the ones we love. I've thought about this a lot as my grandpa's sister just died and it's made me think how little time I have left with them.
Anyways, keep on rockin', I know I will LOL (just some egocentric humor for you).
in Christ,
jason
Post a Comment
<< Home